Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Take Another Little Piece of My Heart


I have always been fascinated with the past. Growing up, my parents surrounded me with music ranging from Cat Stevens, Carole King, Bob Dylan, and the Greatful Dead. To say that I have been heavily influenced by this time would definitely be an understatement. I always think to myself that I was born in the wrong era. It would have been so fantastic to grow up in the age of Woodstock. The amount of inspirational writers, artists, and musicians of that time is absolutely insane. 


Being so inspired by everything from the 1960s, I often find myself pulling from that era when I dress, unintentionally of course. So many people of that time were huge fans of the bandanna headband look. I mean you rarely saw Jimi Hendrix without one. This is a trend that has definitely made a come back in recent years. It just goes to show some things will never go out of style.

Dress: Forever21
Blazer: Urban Outfitters
Tights: Anthropologie
Scarf: Vintage

If you could build a time machine to go back to the "perfect" decade, when would it be?
Thanks for reading, loves. 

1 comment: